Benefits and Perks
The California State University offers its eligible employees one of the most comprehensive benefits packages on the market.
- Worth 30-35% of your base salary.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Membership to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Vested at 5 years for retirement, at 10 years for retiree health benefits for most employee types.
- Depending on your job, you may also be eligible for Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Term Life and/or Long Term Disability Insurance.
See Benefits for more detailed information.
Holidays, Vacation and Other Leaves
As an SJSU employee you are eligible for:
- 13 paid holidays and 1 personal holiday each year.
- Accrual of vacation and sick hours each month.
- Additional leave programs should you need to be out of the office for an extended period of time.
See Leave Programs for more information.
Employees (other than student employees) are eligible for a number of discounts including:
- Amusement Parks
- Cell Phone Service
- Rental Cars
See Employee Discounts for the full list of available discounts.