Are you interested in enhancing your Skillset?
Are you wondering where you can go to gain more knowledge?
San José State and The California State University provide several ways to learn online and we encourage you to take a look to see what is available.
Skillport 8.0 offers more than the compliance training all employees are required to complete. As a CSU employee you have access to thousands of engaging online courses, books, and videos. Login with your SJSUOne ID and password to explore different libraries of information:
- Business: Develop soft skills in areas such as business writing, customer service and effective listening.
- The Desktop: Provides learners with comprehensive courses related to Microsoft office for the PC and Mac, email etc.
- IT: Courses and IT certification prep exams.
In addition, you have access to over 20,000 titles of books, audio books, and videos all at your fingertips. Check out Skillport 8.0 today!
Lynda.com is an online learning service that hosts a growing library of more than 5,000 courses that includes over 100,000 videos taught by industry experts. Access is free to all SJSU employees with your San Jose public library card.
If you don’t have a library card, go to the King Library or your neighborhood San Jose Public Library branch to obtain or replace your card. Once you have your library card, follow these steps to gain access:
- Access Lynda.com and enter your library card number and library password.
- Once you have completed a course you can email your certificate of completion to yourself, your manager and HR for your personal file, if applicable.
LifeMatters, CSU's Employee Assistance Program, offers a variety of information and training available for health, family life, emotional well being etc.
Visit LifeMatters and use the password: SPARTANS to view course offerings.