Employment Based Visas
- University Personnel-Faculty Affairs can assist with the H-1B and Permanent Resident Status – EB-2 (Green Card) application process for candidates who have accepted full-time, tenure-track faculty positions.
- SJSU does not sponsor non-tenure track (temporary) faculty for the H1-B Visa or EB-2 Permanent Residency.
- University Personnel-Faculty Affairs does not provide legal advice.
- No person can be guaranteed approval of immigration status or change in status.
- Contact the University Personnel-Faculty Affairs at 408-924-6670 for assistance with the H-1B or EB-2 process.
- H-1B Visa-Beneficiary Data Collection Form (.pdf)
- H-1B Visa-Departmental Data Collection Form (.pdf)
See Eligibility to Work for additional information.
Note: San José State University does not participate in E-Verify, therefore the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training (OPT) Extension does not provide work authorization for employment at SJSU.