General Leave Information
- What leave programs am I eligible for?
- When should I apply for a leave of absence?
- How do I apply for a medical leave of absence?
- Am I still be eligible for benefits while on a leave of absence?
- Will I earn state service while on a leave of absence?
- Is my job protected while I am on leave?
- What should I do with any doctor’s notes or forms signed by my physician?
- Can I change my return to work date once I've started my medical leave?
- How do I return from leave? What if my doctor gives me temporary work restrictions?
- What if I need to take leave intermittently?
- Can I take leave during my probationary period?
- Do I still need to pay for my parking pass while on an extended leave of absence?
- How do I report my medical leave time in Absence Management while I am on leave?
- Can I use vacation credits if I am on a medical leave of absence?
- How will I get my paycheck while I am on a medical leave?
- Do I continue to accrue sick and vacation credit while on a leave of absence?
Medical Leave Programs
- Am I Eligible for Family Medical Leave?
- Can I use the State Disability Insurance (SDI) program?
- Am I eligible for the California Paid Family Leave (PFL)?
- What is NDI and when can I use it?
- How do I become eligible for Industrial Disability Leave?
- What is the maximum amount of leave I can take for maternity?
- How soon do I need to enroll my new child in health benefits?
- What kind of accommodations for lactation/breastfeeding are available to me?
Would you like more information about Leave Programs?