Program Learning Objectives
PLO1: Conceptualize planning problems from complex, real-world situations so that the problems are meaningful to clients, and are research-worthy.
- Frame research questions and hypotheses
- Design appropriate methodologies to answer research questions
PLO2: Communicate effectively.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Communicate effectively by expressing concepts in visual terms.
- Communicate effectively through public speaking.
PLO3: Work effectively as team members and leaders of planning teams, and to apply an understanding of interpersonal and group dynamics to assure effective group action.
PLO4: Analyze and synthesize planning knowledge and apply it to address actual planning problems.
PLO5: Develop planning strategies to advance community priorities through collaborative engagement with stakeholders, and do so in a manner that deliberately incorporates multicultural and historical perspectives.