Making SJSU a Welcoming Place for Warriors
The Military and Veteran Services Office, which is a Division of Student Affairs, plays a primary role in serving the university's growing community of veterans and military students. The office assists eligible student Veterans, Active Duty Service persons, Dependents, Reservists, and National Guard Members with state and federal education benefit programs.
San José State University provides enrollment certification to the Department of Veterans Affairs for Veterans and Dependents and SJSU accepts the College Fee Waiver for Cal Vet recipients. We also assist students with their required VA Educational Plan and serve as liaison between the Office of the Registrar and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
For additional information, please contact the Program Director for Military and Veteran Students, Maggie Morales, at 408-924-6299 or email: email@example.com.
Our office is located near 7th and San Fernando in the Administration building: ADM 265.
Military and Veteran Students' Study Lounge OPEN!
Located in Clark Hall, room 122 (first floor near EOP staff offices)
Veteran Study Lounge Rules and Hours of Operation (PLEASE READ):
Study Lounge Hours for Spring 2015 (times subject to change without notice):
- Monday - 9AM - 8PM
- Tuesday - 8AM - 7PM
- Wednesday - 9AM - 8PM
- Thursday - 9AM - 6PM
- Friday - 9AM - 5PM
- Please be quiet and respectful of your fellow Vets trying to study. Conversely, if the lounge is too noisy for you, the MLK Library has "quiet floors" where talking is not allowed, or you can use the Burdick Military History Project room in the Industrial Studies bldg, room 239 (second floor across the hall from the Air Force ROTC offices), as well as the ACCESS Center in Clark 240 (where the VITAL office is located).
- Snacks and drinks (coffee and water) are available in the lounge, but please do not take advantage of this privilege.
- Clean up after yourself and leave things in better shape than when you found them.
- The computers are available for everyone to use. Keep printing to a minimum (try to print all documents double sided) and do not print large quantities of materials. Printing is limited to 25 pages per week. **Going over the limit can result in you no longer being allowed to use the printer.
- Sign In and Out: Be sure to sign in and out when using the Lounge. You are more than welcome to have group meetings with civilian classmates in the Lounge, but make sure everyone signs in and out.
- If the Lounge is full or closed for events / due to lack of staff, you can also use the ACCESS Center in Clark Hall (room 240, second floor, where my office is located) to study. Just be sure to sign-in and out at the front desk.
You Have Access to VA Staff on the SJSU Campus!The VITAL Initiative can support you:
- There are important benefits and resources available to you, such as Peer Mentoring and Counseling.
- You have someone who can help with VA Services.
- You have an ally at school that knows your unique needs as a Student Veteran.
Damian Bramlet, VITAL Coordinator
408-924-5462 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See also the Veterans Advisory Committee.