Dr. Annabel Prins,
VITAL Program Manager
Dr. Jennifer Gonzales,
Contact Dr. Gonzales to inquire about counseling services.
- Individual and group counseling to address stress, anger, depression, anxiety, sleep, PTSD, and adjustment to civilian life
- Provide couples and family counseling to veterans and their loved ones
- Refer and work with the Accessible Education Center to request academic accommodations
- Enrollment in Faculty Mentoring Program for Student Veterans (contact Dr. Annabel Prins)
- Support with University processes regarding academic actions and/or conduct issues
- Assist with VA enrollment and care at the VAMC
- Explore VA work-study opportunities and vocational rehabilitation
- Encourage membership in the Veterans Student Organization at SJSU
The Department of Veterans Affairs has developed a new online Veterans Employment Toolkit, aimed at helping employers, managers and supervisors, and human resource professionals support employees who are Veterans or members of the Reserve or National Guard. Given the many efforts in this country to increase the hiring of Veterans, the Veterans Employment Toolkit was designed to help employers, managers and supervisors, and human resource professionals support Veterans in the workplace to increase Veterans’ retention of employment and facilitate their success in the workplace. The online toolkit provides information about the value Veterans bring to the workplace, material describing the military experience and culture, common challenges Veterans may experience in readjusting to civilian life and how to support individuals in that transition, general communication tips for managers and supervisors, and how to support members in the Reserve and National Guard. The Veterans Employment Toolkit also includes resources for Veterans looking to obtain employment and how they can make important career decisions and excel in the workplace. If you have any questions or feedback about the toolkit, please contact Sara Landes.