In collaboration with students, staff, faculty, community, alumni, and administrators, the Accreditation Steering Committee is committed:
- To stimulating discussion, reflection, and action with respect to institutional effectiveness within and across divisions in the process of conducting San Jose State University's (SJSU) accreditation review; and
- To developing materials to address Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) requirements (Standards Criteria for Review [pdf]) and to treating the review process as an opportunity to collect and use information to improve the university’s planning processes.
Priorities related to campus:
- Involve students, staff, faculty, community, alumni, and administrators in the two reviews (Preparatory and Educational Effectiveness) required by WASC;
- Stimulate discussion, reflection, and action within and across divisions;
- Keep a practical focus—undertake tasks that can be accomplished; and
- Engage external audiences in a positive way that improves their understanding of and interaction with SJSU.
Priorities related to WASC:
- Develop a clear and concise response [pdf] to the previous WASC review;
- Present all information (essays and portfolio) in a clear and logical format to facilitate the work of visiting teams;
- Address all standards [pdf] and selected criteria for review [pdf] in both the preparatory and educational effectiveness components of the review and respond to recommendations from WASC following each visit;
- Construct a portfolio not only to meet the needs of the WASC review but also to serve as the foundation for ongoing analysis, reflection, discussion, and action among campus constituents; and
- Achieve WASC re-accreditation.