Upcoming Cooking Classes:
(Student Wellness Center 122)
9/12 @ 1:30pm & 4pm
9/15 @ 1pm:
Meal in a Mug- Vegetarian Lasagna
9/26 @ 1:00pm & 3pm
9/26 @ 2pm:
BBQ Mushroom Sliders
10/17 @ 1pm & 3pm
10/20 @ 2pm
11/14 @ 1:30pm & 4pm
Cassie Barmore, MS, RD is the Registered Dietitian who works with students one-on-one to inspire and motivate healthier eating habits. To set up an appointment, call the Student Health Center appointment line at (408)924-6122.
Nutritional consultation topics:
- Eating Concerns/Disorders
- Weight Gain/Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Digestive Problems
- Healthy Eating Strategies
- Sports Performance
- High Blood Pressure
- Management of Diabetes
(CHEW) Cooking Healthy, Eating Well:
Students can sign up for free cooking classes in our new Student Wellness Center. Each cooking class teaches basic
cooking skills utilizing affordable ingredients and all participants walk away with
free food and useful knowledge. Sign up online. Send your suggestions, questions or comments regarding CHEW classes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our page for more information on CHEW classes, recipes and instructors. See map below to find out where CHEW classes are held.
For great videos on preparing various types of produce, visit CookSmart's Produce Prep Guide!
Simple Tips on Improving Nutrition:
- Aim to make half your plate fruits and veggies
- Aim to make at least 1/2 your grains whole grains
- Drink more water, and less sugary drinks
- Eat breakfast everyday
- Feed your body when it is hungry, and stop eating when it is comfortably full.
- Eat regularly throughout the day to support your metabolism and control hunger levels.