Cassie Barmore, MS, RD is the Registered Dietitian who works with students one-on-one to inspire and motivate healthier eating habits. Healthy eating can improve how you look & feel, your academic performance, and more!
Nutritional consultation topics:
- Eating Concerns/Disorders
- Weight Gain/Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Digestive Problems
- Healthy Eating Strategies
- Sports Performance
- High Blood Pressure
- Management of Diabetes
Call the Student Health Center appointment line at 924-6122 to schedule a nutrition consultation.
Having a healthy lifestyle is multifaceted and can pertain to many different areas of wellness. We chose to focus on the body, with good nutrition, being physically active, getting enough sleep, and managing stress as well as components to a healthy lifestyle.
- Aim to make half your plate fruits and veggies
- Avoid oversized portions
- Aim to make at least 1/2 your grains whole grains
- Drink more water, and less sugary drinks
- Eat breakfast everyday
Being Physically Active:
- Walk for 15 minutes in the morning
- Play sports
- Go on a hike
- Take the stairs to one class or to work
- Walk for the last 15 minutes of lunch breaks
- Park further away from campus or the store