- Violence is a learned behavior. If it can be learned, it can be unlearned.
- If you are a victim of violence, it is NOT your fault, you are NOT alone, and you CAN get help!
Violence Prevention Consultations
Violence Prevention consultations consist of a 30-minute confidential appointment on various violence prevention/awareness topics. Please call (408) 924-6122 to make an appointment. You can also email Laurie Morgan, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about Violence Prevention topics:
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence
- Consent (understanding what consent is and how to get and give consent)
- Cycle of Violence
- Power and Control
- Media Influence on Relationships
Violence Prevention Presentations and Programs
Presentations and programs are available for the SJSU campus community. Please see our Presentation Topics/Workshop Request Form to see topics and make a request.
- Spartans for Safety
- Power and Control Wheel
- Equality Wheel
- Definition of Consent
- YWCA Rape Crisis Center
- 24 hr hotline (408) 287-3000
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence
- Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault
If you have any questions about Violence Prevention consultations or programming, please contact:
- Emily Rosenfield, MPH
Wellness & Health Promotion Coordinator