Tuition and Fees
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.
Basic Fees *Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Per semester unit LEC/SEM/SUP: $280 per unit
- Activity: $291 per unit
- Lab: $375 per unit
Other fees are as follows:
- Late Registration (see calendar): $45
- Check returned for any reason: $25 for first check; $35 per check thereafter
- Administrative Fee: $20
Sign up for Direct Deposit (eRefund)
- Library books/materials over or lost: See circulation desk in Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
- Laboratory equipment lost or broken: Cost of item
- Auditors: Same fees as students who enroll in courses for credit
A $25 late fee will be assessed depending on your late registration date. Refer to the Winter Calendar for specific dates. Billing statements will not be sent and students are responsible for checking their MySJSU account for the payment due date. Failure to pay fees by the due date may result in classes being dropped without notice.
Some courses, such as laboratory and limited enrollment courses, have higher costs and may have fees significantly higher than the basic tuition rate shown here. The actual per course fee is listed after each class in the schedule.
Residents and non-residents of California (out-of-state students and foreign students) are charged tuition at the same rate in this session.