Carla and Mario Federici Scholarship
Department of World Languages & Literatures Invites Students in French, Spanish and Italian, to apply for this $1000 scholarship.
The criteria for distribution or use in order of priority are:
- a graduate student in French
- a graduate student in Spanish
- an outstanding undergraduate student with minor in Italian
- If all factors equal, students facing hardship will be given preference.
- More information about Federici Scholarship
Meta Marion Goldsmith Scholarship
Scholarships are for students majoring and minoring in World Languages.
World Language Graduate students and Teacher Education candidates may also apply for the Meta Marion Goldsmith Scholarship, depending on available funding:
- World Language Minors, Majors, Graduate Students and Teacher Education candidates in Foreign Languages will receive up to $1,500.
- More information about Meta Marion Goldsmith Scholarship
Applicants must have officially declared a major or minor in a world language at SJSU.
Isabel Allende Scholarship (Formally Paula Scholarship)
The Spanish Program at San José State University invites advanced students in Spanish to apply for the Winter Session Isabel Allende Scholarship funded by the Isabel Allende Foundation. These scholarships are open to students in Spanish who meet the terms and conditions listed below.
- Be a matriculated student majoring or minoring in Spanish at San José State University.
- Have upper division (junior/senior) or graduate student standing at the time the grant is awarded.
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average in Spanish courses at San José State University.
- Write a paragraph in Spanish documenting his/her interest Hispanic Studies.
- Scholarship funds are awarded at the end of the course. Students must be enrolled to apply.
Esther Pereyra-Suárez Scholarship
For Seniors and Graduate Students in Spanish and French -
The Department of World Languages & Literatures announces the establishment of a merit scholarship funded by Professor Emerita Esther Pereyra-Suárez who taught both Spanish and French at San José State from 1959-1991. The scholarship, established to carry on the tradition of excellence spoused by Professor Emerita Esther Pereyra-Suárez, will reward a San José State University student displaying outstanding academic achievement and promise in the study of Spanish or French.
For more information, contact an advisor in Spanish or French.
Narae Mochizuki Scholarship
The Japanese Program invites SJSU Japanese major/minor students to apply for Narae
Mochizuki Scholarship, which assists them in covering their round-trip ticket for
the annual study abroad program to Japan.
For more information, contact an advisor in Japanese.
For more information and to apply, create an account online: https://sjsu.starsscholarshipsonline.com/stars/default.aspx