How to Declare a Major/Minor in WLL
Please follow the steps below
- Step 1: Download forms necessary (major/minor form & addition/change form (90+/- units).
- Step 2: Fill out both forms as well as possible before meeting with corresponding advisor.
- Step 3: Meet with corresponding language advisor to obtain signature and make sure all information is correct.
- Step 4: Turn in form(s) to the Dept. of World Languages and Literatures in CL 421 to obtain the department's chair signature (advisors' signature is required before obtaining dept. chair signature).
- Step 5: Pick up form(s) in CL 421 after they have been filed and processed. You will receive an email or phone call when they are ready to be picked up.
- Step 6: Take signed forms to the H&A Student Success Center (CL 244) and the Registrars Office if necessary. They will begin to accept forms from September 17th until December 1st.
Please take a look at this sample major form image. Make sure to read, understand and complete all steps shown on form!
- Step 1: Choose between draft or final. Read instructions on form to see which one applies to your case.
- Step 2: Fill out all required information on section 2.
- Step 3: Please make sure to fill out any external courses if apply. Also, make sure to fill in semester, year and grade.
- Step 4: Make sure to complete all requirements for the major.
- Step 5: Choose six out of the seven courses listed.
- Step 6: Make sure to take a second world language (minimun of 12 units) as specified on the form, a double major will waive this section.
- Step 7: Obtain approval and signature from designated language advisor.
- Step 8: Obtain Department Chair's signature in CL 421D.