How to Declare a Major/Minor in WLL
Please visit us in person at CL 421 if you need assistance with the procedure outlined below.
A step-by-step guide to completing forms:
- Step 1: Download forms necessary (major/minor form & addition/change form (90+/- units).
- Step 2: Fill out both forms as much as possible before meeting with your advisor.
- Step 3: Meet with corresponding language advisor to obtain their signature and make sure all information is correct.
- Step 4: Turn in form(s) to the Dept. of World Languages and Literatures in CL 421 to obtain the department's chair signature (advisor's signature is required before you can receive the dept. chair's signature).
- Step 5: Pick up form(s) in CL 421 after they have been filed and processed. You will receive an email or phone call once they are ready to be picked up.
- Step 6: Take signed forms to the H&A Student Success Center (CL 244) and/or the Registrar's Office if necessary.
How to fill out major and minor forms:
Make sure to read, understand and complete all steps listed on form!
- Step 1: Choose between draft or final. Read instructions on form to see which one applies to your case.
- Step 2: Fill out all required information in section 2.
- Step 3: Fill out any external courses, if applicable. Also, make sure to fill in semester, year and grade.
- Step 4: Complete all requirements for the major.
- Step 5: Choose six out of the seven courses listed.
- Step 6: Make sure to take a second world language (minimum of 12 units) as specified on the form; a double major will waive this section.
- Step 7: Obtain approval and signature from the appropriate language advisor.
- Step 8: Obtain Department Chair's signature in CL 421D.