How to Make an Appointment
- Go to our Online Reservation System. (If you haven't registered with the Writing Center before, you must register for the first time and fill out the registration form before logging in.)
- Choose a date and time for your appointment from the openings available. Open appointment slots are white. Blue slots are already reserved by other students; navy blue slots indicate that the tutor does not work during that time. Gray slots are days and times that have already passed.
- Click once on the open appointment slot that you wish to reserve.
- When the new reservation window pops up, fill out all the information required (marked with a red asterisk). If you miss a section, the system will not accept your reservation. You will have to go back and type in everything again, so be sure that you fill out everything that is required!
- When you're done filling out the reservation form, click the save button to complete the reservation process. Your reservation will now appear on the schedule.
If you need more assistance, you can call the Writing Center at 408-924-2308 during our operating hours.
How to Cancel an Appointment
Log in to WCOnline and find your appointment on the schedule. Click on your appointment block, and the reservation window will pop up. Scroll to the bottom of this window and click the "cancel this appointment" checkbox. Then click on the button marked "modify" to cancel your appointment.
If you wish to cancel an appointment and you are away from your computer, you can call the Writing Center at 408-924-2308.
Note: After the time of your appointment has passed, you cannot cancel the appointment! If you do not cancel your appointment in advance, you will be marked as a no-show for that session.
How to Reset your Password
On the main log in screen, click the reset my password link and enter your e-mail address. The system will reset your password and send you an e-mail with the new password. Passwords are case-sensitive: if the system e-mails you the password "wRiTing," then you must type it in with all the capital and lowercase letters exactly as shown. For example, "writing," "WRITING," etc. will not work.