How to Make an Appointment
- Go to the
Online Reservation page (If
you haven't registered with the Writing Center before, you must
register for the first time and fill out the
registration form before logging
- Choose a date and time for your appointment from the openings
available. Open appointment slots are white. Blue slots are
already reserved by other students; navy blue slots indicate that
the tutor does not work during that time. Grayed-out slots are
days that have already passed.
- Click once on the open appointment slot that you wish to
- When the New Reservation window pops up, fill out all the
information required (marked with a red). If you miss a section,
the system will not accept your reservation. You will have to go
back and type in everything again, so be sure that you fill out
everything that is required!
- When you're done filling out the reservation form, click the Save button to complete the reservation process. Your reservation will now appear on the schedule.
If you need more assistance, you can call the Writing Center at 408-924-2308 during our operating hours.
How to Cancel an Appointment
Log in to WC Online and find your appointment on the schedule. Click on your appointment block, and the reservation window will pop up. Scroll to the bottom of this window and click the "cancel this appointment" checkbox. Then click on the button marked "modify" to cancel your appointment.
If you wish to cancel an appointment and you are away from your computer, you can call the Writing Center at 408-924-2308.
Note: After the time of your appointment has
passed, do not cancel the appointment! We monitor all our
appointments carefully, and we are fully aware of anyone who tries
to evade no-shows using this method.
Did you forget your password?
On the main log in screen, click on the " Reset my Password" link and enter your e-mail address. The system will reset your password and send you an e-mail with the new password. Passwords are case-sensitive: if the system e-mails you the password "wRiTing," then you must type it in with all the capital and lowercase letters exactly as shown. For example, "writing," "WRITING," etc. will not work.
Frequently Asked Questions
The reservation window isn't showing up!
The reservation window is a pop-up window. Make sure the pop-up blocker on your browser is set to allow pop-ups from our site. (See your browser's "help" section for information on how to do this.)
How do I change my password and/or my e-mail address?
Log in to WC Online. At the top of the schedule page, just under the header, is a link to the "Control Panel." Click on the link that says "Update My Profile & Password" in order to change your password or update profile information.
How many appointments can I make per day?
You can make one appointment per day in advance. If you need more time, you must try for a drop-in appointment.
How many appointments can I make per week?
You can make two appointments per week in advance. If you need more time, you must try for a drop-in appointment.
Can I have an appointment that's longer than 30 minutes?
Yes, but only under special circumstances:
- If you are a student registered with the DRC, you may have longer appointments. Talk to the Writing Center administrative assistant for details.
- If your tutor believes you would benefit from a longer appointment, you may be able to make longer appointments. You must have a half-hour appointment with your tutor first and ask for his or her assessment of your needs.
- If a tutor is available, students may take more than thirty
minutes on a drop-in basis; however, only the above cases are
permitted to make hour-long appointments in advance.