"Without taking Writing Center workshops, I would not have had the confidence to pass the WST. The workshops give you the confidence and the extra push."
--R.J. Torres, senior, student in the McNair Scholars Program
"I've had a chance to read through some of the papers of students you [The Writing Center] worked with for my ECON 1B class, and I just want to pass on a very big and sincere THANK YOU! I was amazed with the level of improvement in their grammar, style, and depth of argument, especially compared to students who didn't visit the Writing Center. I've been so impressed with the quality of tutoring at the Writing Center!"
--Dr. Jeanette R. Johnston Ulrich, Professor, Department of Economics
If you'd like to attend one of our workshops, please register in advance. Our workshops can be extremely popular and fill up quickly. Each workshop has 15 seats available. If a workshop fills up, we will add up to 5 students on a waiting list. We cannot guarantee seating for those on the waiting list, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please read our workshop policies before registering. By signing up for a workshop, you agree to the following rules.
- Late-comers, registered or not, will not be seated. Workshops start promptly at the scheduled time. If you are late, you will not be able to attend the workshop session. No exceptions.
- Do not use cell phones, laptops, or PDAs during the workshop.
- No food or drink (except bottled water) is permitted in workshops.
- Children of any age are not permitted at our workshops.
- Do not bring any additional guests with you. For fire safety reasons, we can only accommodate a certain number of people in each room.
- If you need proof that you attended a workshop, you must come to the Writing Center immediately after the workshop and talk to the Admin for a confirmation slip. Confirmation slips will only be given out on the day of the workshop. Only one confirmation slip will be given to each student.
Any forms sent in for workshops that are not open, or sent by students who have not registered with the Writing Center, may be discarded without notice.
Once you register for a workshop, we strongly recommend that you arrive at least 5-10 minutes early on the workshop date.
Register for a Workshop
Workshops that are open for registration are clearly marked on our Workshop Schedule with a bold " OPEN." Please do not send in registration forms for workshops that are not open.
To sign-up for a workshop, send us an e-mail with the following information.
- Your First & Last Name:
- Class Standing: (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student)
- Your E-mail Address:
- Workshop Name:
- Workshop Date & Time:
After submitting the form, please wait for us to e-mail you with confirmation. You will NOT be registered for the workshop until you receive a confirmation from us. If you'd like to cancel your registration, you can do so by calling or e-mailing the Writing Center.