Welcome to the Undeclared Pre-Nursing page!
Undeclared Pre-Nursing (UPN) is a track (not a major/degree) for students preparing to apply to SJSU's Nursing program. UPN students are considered “Undeclared” and are not part of the “Nursing” Department. You DO NOT need to be in UPN to apply to nursing, but there are many advantages if you do!
- Personalized academic planning with a UPN advisor to develop a multi-semester educational plan
- Understanding academic policy and getting the latest update to Nursing policies
- Identifying alternate majors, and exploring various pathways and careers towards nursing or other health careers
Applying to UPN
- Must attend an Informational UPN Workshop. See below for workshop dates and sign-up form.
- Complete 3 out of the Big 5 courses (Engl 1A, Stat 95, Biol 65, Biol 66, or Micr 20) with an average of 3.2 GPA or higher.
- After completing the workshop and course requirements, fill out the UPN application.
You will be asked to include a copy of your unofficial transcript and Change of Major form (from your major to UPN).
- You will be contacted via email with a decision regarding your application within 1-2 weeks.
- Complete mandatory advising requirements every semester, which may consist of workshops, worksheets, appointments, etc.
- Apply to Nursing as soon as they are eligible and by the time they have earned 60 units.
- Develop a thorough back-up and alternative plan.
Informational UPN Workshop
Sign up for one of the workshops here: https://forms.gle/uqCzo2kHR48qxc5w9
|9/28/2020||1:00pm - 2:00pm||Online|
|10/23/2020||1:00pm - 2:00pm||Online|
If you're interested in exploring health careers, contact our Career Center’s Liaison Kristin Keller.