Welcome to the Undeclared Pre-Nursing page!
UPN stands for Undeclared Pre-Nursing. It is an undeclared track for students preparing to apply to SJSU's Nursing program.
- Academic planning
- Understanding academic policy
- Identifying alternate majors and understanding various pathways towards nursing
- Career exploration
Applying to UPN
- Must attend a mandatory informational workshop. Sign up here, UPN Workshop Sign-Up.
- Complete 3 out of the Big 5 courses (Engl1A, Stat95, Biol65, Biol66, Micro20) with a 3.2 GPA or higher.
- After completing the workshop and course requirements, fill out the UPN application.
- You will be contacted via e-mail with a decision regarding your application.
UPN students are expected to complete mandatory advising requirements every semester. Requirements may consist of workshops, worksheets, appointments, etc.
UPN students are expected to apply to Nursing as soon as they are eligible and by the time they have earned 60 units.
Workshop Dates : Informational workshops will resume in Fall 2020.