AARS Advising Summer 2021 Hours:
Summer 2021 appointment dates & times TBD
The AARS Department advising services will be unavailable the following dates and times:
7/7, 7/13, 7/20, 7/23, 7/27, 8/3 and 8/9 ~ Closed 12 noon - 3 pm 7/8,7/14, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/10 ~ Closed 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Students can meeting with an Academic advisor for virtual drop-ins or appointments.
Virtual Appointments (30 mins) Appointment are available for current undergraduate SJSU students who need assistance with multiple questions.
To book an appointment, please use Spartan Connect, our shared university wide appointment system. To better serve your advising needs, please select the location and service option that best addresses your question(s).
- Virtual Drop-ins (10-15 min sessions) Drop-ins are available for quick questions. Available dates and time listed below.
Please select the corresponding date & time listed below to meet with a drop-in advisor.
GE Advising Links
- General Education Advising: Information about which GE courses are required for a degree at SJSU.
- GE Advising on the Advising Hub: Information about where to find GE courses currently being offered, requirements, articulation and the value of General Education.
- Advising Information for Freshmen: Information about Frosh Orientation, Remediation Policies, ELM and EPT placement information, Freshman academic plans and other Freshman concerns.
- Advising Information for Transfer Students: Information about Transfer Credit, Transfer Orientation, and other Transfer concerns.
- Probation, Disqualification and Reinstatement - Information about the policies behind these important issues.
Other Types of Advising at SJSU
- Advising Hub: This site is devoted to bringing all aspects of advising together in one place on campus. Go here to learn about the various types of advising and counseling provided on campus and find contact information to make appointments.
Need Help Choosing a Major?
- Career Advising - The Career Center has resources to help find a major that suits you.
- EDCO 4 - Personal, Academic, and Career Exploration. This 3 unit course will help students with identifying academic and/or career pathways that will be followed to achieve personally defined life goals. It also meets the General Education Area E requirement.