|| How to register for a workshop via Spartan Connect ||
- Go to the Spartan Connect website (sjsu.campus.eab.com)
- Select the BIG BLUE Button
- Select Workshops & Events
- Follow the prompts to register for a specific workshop/event
You will receive an email confirmation with a zoom link prior to the workshop/event!
If you have any issues/questions or need accomodations please contact us at
|| Workshops Open to Incoming Frosh & Transfer Students ||
Frosh Registration: This workshop will help frosh students navigate course search and selection for Spring 2021.
- Wednesday 10/21/20 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Friday 10/23/20 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday 10/26/20 11:00am-12:00pm
- Wednesday 10/28/20 11:00am-12:00pm
- Friday 10/30/20 11:00am-12:00pm
Transfer Registration: This workshop will help transfer students navigate course search and selection for Spring 2021.
- Tuesday 10/20/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 10/22/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 10/27/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday 10/29/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Academic Planning for Transfer students: Tips for creating your own path to success, one semester at a time. Everyone defines
success differently, however you define it our academic planning workshops will help
you get there. The ACCESS team has created a semester by semester guide for transfer
students at COSS. We will share tips to consider to reach your academic, personal,
and career goals. We will also cover course recommendations, planning for internships,
and how to prepare for graduation and life after SJSU.
- Tuesday 10/6/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Wednesday 10/7/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 10/13/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Wednesday 10/14/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Academic Planning for Frosh students: Tips for creating your own path to success, one semester at a time. Everyone defines success differently, however you define it our academic planning workshops will help you get there. The ACCESS team has created a semester by semester guide for Frosh students at COSS. We will share tips to consider to reach your academic, personal, and career goals. We will also cover course recommendations, planning for internships, and how to prepare for graduation and life after SJSU.
- Wednesday 12/2/20 11:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday 12/3/20 11:00am-12:00pm
|| Workshops open to all College of Social Sciences (CoSS) students ||
Let’s Talk Dialogue Series: A large part of being a university student is being able to meet and make connections with the overall campus community. If we were on campus, this would happen naturally - we would bump into each other, make friends in waiting areas, and meet up in the Student Union. Our online learning environment has changed the way we build community at SJSU. If you are feeling isolated attending virtual classes, come hang out with ACCESS advisors and fellow CoSS students in a lounge-like space to make friends, have conversations about online learning, or chat about anything you want!
- Various Wednesdays 1:00pm - 2:00pm (Starts on 09/23/20)
Understanding College of Social Sciences (CoSS) Advising: This brief, but informative workshop introduces students to ACCESS Services. We will introduce our staff, ACCESS Website Functions, advisor & student responsibilities, and various departments within the College of Social Sciences.
- Wednesday 9/23/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday 9/24/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Graduate School 101: The workshops are designed to help students understand what to consider before applying to graduate school, the basics of the graduate application process, the difference between masters, PhDs, professional degrees, and cover resources undergraduate students can use.
- Monday 9/28/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 9/29/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Understanding and Preparing for Faculty Office Hours: Learn about what faculty office hours are, ways you can use faculty hours for your academic success, and how to prepare for them.
- Tuesday 9/29/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
Graduate School Application Prep: This workshop is designed to help students learn how to prepare for their graduate school application materials. We will cover how to research graduate programs, reach out to faculty, tips on organizing deadlines and materials, and resources to become a more competitive graduate candidate.
- Wednesday 9/30/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday 10/1/10 11:00am - 12:00pm
Preparing for Midterms/Finals: Learn about practical study strategies, beating procrastination, time management, and how to prepare for tests.
- Thursday 10/1/20 1:30pm - 2:30pm
SMART Goals - Time Management: Having trouble achieving your goals? Join us for a workshop on how to write and plan short-term and long term goals using the SMART Goal method.
- Tuesday 12/1/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
Adding a Minor: In these workshops, we will go over minoring at SJSU, how minors can be professional for your academic & professional success, and ways to fit a minor into your graduation plan.
- Monday 10/5/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday 10/8/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Monday 10/12/20 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 10/15/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Preparing for Medical School: This workshop is meant for CoSS undergraduate students who are hoping to become more familiar with the criteria needed to apply for medical school. Come learn what courses you can enroll in at SJSU to prepare you for medical school!
- Monday 10/19/20 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Friday 11/6/20 11:00am - 12:00pm