- Bob Lim (VP, Information Technology/Chief Information Officer)
Phone: 408 924-2374
- Carl Kemnitz (Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs)
Phone: 408 924-2400
For General Information
Chair, ATI Instructional Materials committee
Instructional Designer and Accessibility Consultant
Center for Faculty Development
Phone: 408 924-3093
Accessible Education Center (AEC)
The Accessible Education Center provides essential services to employees and students with disabilities since 1972.
They provide a wide array of services including the Accessible Education Center, Center
of Accessible Technology, the AEC Testing Center, the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Program
and the Employment Accommodations Resource Center.
Phone: 408 924-6000 (v); 408 924-5990 (TTY)
Center for Faculty Development (CFD)
The Center for Faculty Development supports faculty and staff in:
- accessible and inclusive teaching strategies
- compliance with accessibility guidelines for text documents
- compliance with multimedia accessibility
Phone: 408 924-2303
Employment Accommodations Resource Center (EARC)
The Employment Accommodations Resource Center, housed within the AEC, ensures equal access by prescribing reasonable and appropriate
employment accommodations to qualified SJSU employees with disabilities. The EARC
works closely with employees, employees’ supervisors and managers, Faculty Affairs,
and Human Resources to promote an inclusive workforce at SJSU.
Phone: 408 924-6003
ATI Instructional Materials (IM) Team
The Instructional Materials team's role is to raise awareness and plan strategies in providing resources, tools, training and expertise to faculty and staff to ensure that all documents and media are accessible. Faculty members adopt Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles in their teaching to include all students, including those with disabilities.
For information and assistance in making documents and media accessible, visit CFD's Accessibility Guidelines for Text Documents and Captioning Support and Multimedia Accessibility Guidelines. An Inclusive Course Design checklist [pdf] is available to help you design inclusive and accessible courses for all students including those with special learning profiles or needs.
- Andrea Golloher (Faculty, Special Education)
- Andrew Arredondo (Student)
- Deanna Fassett (Director, Center for Faculty Development)
- Cindy Marota and Scott Mendez (Director and Coordinator of Accessible Technology, AEC)
- Elizabeth Tu (Instructional Designer and Accessibility Consultant, CFD) - Chair
- Ann Agee (Associate Librarian, University Library)
- Jennifer Redd (Director, eCampus)
- Kara Li (Associate Vice President, Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management, IT)
- Marcos Pizarro (Associate Dean, College of Education)
- Matthew Masucci (Interim Associate Dean, College of Health and Human Sciences)
- Ronald Rogers (Associate Dean, College of Social Sciences)
- Thomas Madura (Faculty, Physics & Astronomy)
- Winifred Schultz-Krohn (Department Chair, Occupational Therapy, University Council of Chairs and Directors, and Academic Senate)
ATI Procurement Team
The Procurement team’s role is to provide guidance, resources, tools, training and expertise to employees and vendors to ensure that all electronic and information technology (EIT) products and services purchased for the University are accessible.
For information and assistance in purchasing or selling accessible EIT products/services, see Procurement Pathways.
- Kathleen Prunty (Associate Vice President, Business Services)
Phone: 408 924-1565
- Sara Bonakdar (Associate Director, Contracts & Purchasing Services)
Phone: 408 924-1561
- Sylvia Sosa (Contracts Administration Specialist)
Phone: 408 924-1583
- Joseph Chou (Accessibility Conformance Report reviewer, Associate Director, Information
Phone: 408 924-2421
ATI Web Accessibility
The Web Services Unit is committed to ensuring accessibility of websites by providing numerous resources for Web content editors and Webmasters maintaining content inside the SJSU.EDU domain to create accessible content.
For information and assistance in making your web site accessible, see Web Accessibility.
- Joel Johnson (Director, Web and Campus Apps, IT)
Phone: 408 924-7885
- Brenden Sparks (Front End Web Consultant, IT)
Phone: 408 924-7200
Library Accessibility Resources
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library welcomes visitors of all abilities and provides many services adapted to the needs of people with disabilities. The SJSU Accessible Education Center also is located on the second floor of the library and is open to SJSU students, staff, and faculty registered with either the Accessible Education Center or the Employment Accommodation Resource Center.