To faculty, accessibility at SJSU means:
- Providing accessible (Section 508 compliant) instructional materials.
- Creating an inclusive environment in the classroom that enables all students to be successful in attaining an education, regardless of disability.
- Assisting a person with a disability in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Incorporating the principals of Universal Design for Learning when developing a new course or redesigning a current course.
- Making textbook and course curriculum decisions early.
- Providing a list of textbooks, course readers and library reserves to the Spartan Bookstore irrespective of the source you choose for purchasing.
- Attending workshops to learn how to make your web site accessible, especially if used to provide instructional materials.
- Attending workshops to learn how to make your documents and media accessible.
- Checking criteria before buying any new electronic and/or information technology (such as computer hardware and software) by visiting PASS How to Get Products and Services.
- Discouraging stereotypical behavior.
If you are a faculty member with a disability, this also means:
- Gaining better access to electronic and information technology.
- Becoming familiar with the resources provided by the Employment Accommodations Resource Center (EARC) by scheduling an intake appointment to determine eligibility and services.