Please be sure to schedule your academic advising during the semester to ensure that your advising hold is removed in a timely fashion. Advising begins on the first day of class and ends on the last day of class every semester. There is no advising during the week of final exams or during winter, spring, and summer breaks for continuing students.
- If you do not schedule and receive advising during the semester, you will not be able to preregister for your courses, and courses may fill up. This applies to all Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- Advising holds are not removed immediately after advising. Please allow up to 72 hours for the hold to be removed.
- If you require AE Department Chair signatures on any of your documents, please allow at least 72 hours, as all documents must be reviewed before being signed.
Prof. Hunter's advising hours for the Spring 2020 semester are as follows:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM in E272F
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
Professor Eisips advises Sophomores, Junior, and Seniors. You are welcome to drop in during her office hours; however, priority goes to those with appointments. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Prof. Eisips' advising hours for the Spring 2020 semester are as follows:
- Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM in E164C
Dr. Mourtos advises graduate students and special cases as needed. Please schedule an appointment with him in advance. You are welcome to drop in during his advising hours; however, priority goes to those with appointments. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Mourtos' advising appointments will be online via Zoom until further notice. At your appointment time, please join Dr. Mourtos' Zoom Waiting Room by clicking here: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/6487117268
Dr. Mourtos's advising hours for the Spring 2020 semester are as follows:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM in E272A
You may also drop in for advising with Dr. Mourtos, but keep in mind he may give priority to students who have appointments.