How to Register With AEC
Students, faculty and staff must be vaccinated by September 30 against COVID-19 if they are accessing campus facilities at any university location across the 23 campuses. Visit COVID-19 Vaccines Requirements for detailed information.
Registration with the Accessible Education Center (AEC) is completed online through our student portal MyAEC. . If you have questions or need assistance throughout the registration process, contact AEC by phone at (408) 924-6000 or email at email@example.com.
Before you begin the AEC application, have a digital copy of appropriate disability documentation ready for upload. For details on documentation criteria, refer to the AEC’s Guidelines for Disability Documentation.
STEP 1: Complete Application:
|If assigned, students must use their SJSU email when registering. Failure to do may prevent delivery of AEC email, including next steps of the registration process.|
- New Prospective Student (Non-SJSU Matriculated Students) Register Here.
- Current SJSU Students using SJSU Single-Sign On (i.e. one.SJSU.edu access) Register Here.
STEP 2: Submit Disability Documentation
If students are unable to upload documentation at the time of completing the AEC application. AEC will follow up with a link for students to upload their documentation or students may email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documents must be scanned at 150 - 300 dpi as resolution
- The maximum allowable file size is 5 MB per upload.
- List of Acceptable File Formats:
- (Preferred*) PDF Document (Scan with 300 DPI or less)
- Rich Text File (RTF)
- Text File (TXT)
- Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS or XLSX)
- Image (PNG, JPEG, or JPG)
* Students may use Apple/Mac devices to scan and create PDFs of documents.
STEP 3: Schedule an Appointment
Once the AEC application and appropriate disability documentation has been provided. AEC will contact the student via their MyAEC and provide the next steps to scheduling an “Intake Appointment.”
STEP 4: Meet with a AEC Counselor
During the intake appointment the student and counselor fully engage in the interactive process which provides both the student and AEC counselor an opportunity to discuss eligibility and reasonable and appropriate accommodation(s), if qualified. Students must attend their scheduled Intake Appointment with an AEC counselor in order to complete the AEC registration process.