In the fields of anthropology, behavioral science, and organizational studies, students develop skills in research, analyzing data in a logical and consistent way, critical thinking, and communicating effectively. The skills and knowledge gained in these majors provide a solid foundation for many careers. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment for anthropologists will grow by 19%, nearly twice the projection for all occupations. Most of this growth is expected to occur in management, scientific services, and technical consulting.
The talented staff at SJSU's award-winning Career Center can help you transform your Anthropology, Behavioral Science, or Organizational Studies degree into a successful career. Learn more about career fairs, career planning, resume development, jobs, and internships by visiting them at the Career Center office, located in ADM 154, or online at www.sjsu.edu/careercenter/.
SJSU's exclusive online job and internship database, SpartaJobs, is available for students and registered alumni to use. It's a great tool for job and internship postings, announcements, upcoming events, and more! Here are some other useful online resources:
- LearnHowToBecome.org can help you choose a career that fits your interests
- Indeed.com is a website that has thousands of job announcements
- Idealist.org includes thousands of jobs in the world of non-profit organizations
- Thisisanthropology.org features information related to anthropology careers
- universityhq.org/ provides students with the necessary resources to prepare and plan their career path in their chosen field.