The First Year Experience (FYE) program begins with you, the star of our program!
We are currently seeking interested first year students to create a fun and exciting
community designed to increase your personal and educational power. You will have
the opportunity to create a learning community that will be your home away from home.
SJSU will become your university when you connect with other first year students,
professors, tutors, and advisors in a supportive environment.
- Social & Cultural Activities (plays, movies, festivals, music events, dances, art
- Support Group to help you adjust to SJSU and learn about campus resources
- Introduce you to campus and community involvement
- Block Scheduling (Register in two or more classes with your friends)
- Graduation and Awards Ceremony
- Spring Barbecue & Holiday Party
- Connect with faculty mentors in your field of study
- Get an assessment of your academic skills, educational goals, and career plans
- Help you prepare a personal educational plan to help you reach your goals
- Schedule frequent meetings with your advisor
- Help find courses and professors based on peer feedback
- Academic Survival Skills (Peer advisors give you all the inside tips on how to make
it at SJSU)
- Assistance with selecting classes and General Education advising
- Individual and group counseling
- Student Advocacy (Help resolve problems with a teacher, staff, or friend)