Our advising staff provides support in clarifying goals and finding solutions to personal concerns. We work cooperatively with other campus services to help students obtain information about requirements, course selection, financial aid, career planning, and other resources. Our advising services also include:
- Major/Career exploration
- Scheduling classes
- Student advocacy
- Scholarship Search
- Assistance with resume writing
- Support in finding solutions to personal concerns and academic problems for all ASPIRE students
- Making appropriate referrals to other SJSU resources
- One-on-one sessions with an advisor; 1 hour appointments; three times per semester or as needed for all ASPIRE students.
- Information on campus resources, policies and procedures for all ASPIRE students.
Grant Aid is financial assistance that ASPIRE offers to qualified participants each semester.
In order to qualify you must:
- Maintain full-time student status during the semester (carrying 12 or more units)
- Complete at least three counseling appointments per semester
- Be eligible for the Pell Grant
- Have a semester GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have Freshmen or Sophomore standing