MS Biomedical Engineering (BME) Approved Technical Electives
- Required transition courses cannot be used as electives.
- Program of Study courses, for reinstatement after disqualification cannot be used as electives.
- No more than 9 units of undergraduate upper division (100 level) courses can be applied towards the M.S. degree.
- Engr 200W cannot be used as a technical elective.
If you have questions, please contact your advisor.
Approved Technical Electives
Students should be aware that some of the listed courses may require prerequisites which would not normally be taken by BME students. Students should consult the instructor of the particular course(s) to determine if they are adequately prepared. Please be aware of the work load of each particular course before enrolling in it.
Biomedical Engineering Electives
9 units for Thesis Option and 12 units for Project Option
- BME 117 Biotransport Phenomena - 3 units
- BME 168 – Medical & Biological Polymers – 3 units
- BME 182 – Orthotics and Prosthetics – 3 units
- BME 188 – Biomedical Device Manufacturing Methods – 3 units
- BME 254 Microscale Biomedical Systems - 3 units
- BME 256 Biomedical Applications of Nanoplatforms - 3 units
- BME 258 Biomedical Imaging - 3 units - Planned Course
- ME 267 Engineering Biomechanics - 3 units
- EE 127 Electronics for Biomedical Engineering Applications - 3 units
Other Electives Require Advisor pre-approval. Please consult your adviser first.