Change of Major

Change of Major to Biomedical Engineering

We welcome students who are interested in changing their major to Biomedical Engineering.  Please download and complete the two forms below.

Change of Major Form - Please note there are 2 different forms. One for students who have completed less than 90 units and one for those who have completed more than 90 units.  For those with more than 90 units, please make sure that you include the attachments required, i.e., your personal statement, the major forms, and your unofficial SJSU transcript.

In addition, you must also complete the College of Engineering’s (CoE) Study Plan.

According to the College of Engineering’s policy, you will be required to complete a study plan consisting of three to four relevant courses with a GPA of 2.7 or higher and no individual grade lower than a C.

Once you have completed the forms, please bring them to your advisor.