All BME undergraduate students must see their Academic Advisor every semester before registering. Advising periods begin a few weeks before registration. Information about Advising and about Departmental events is communicated through the departmental Google Groups. All BME students are encouraged to join the appropriate Google Group.
Undergraduates need to bring a copy of all transcripts from other colleges attended the first time they see an advisor. (Yes, even though you already had your transcripts mailed to the University, you still need to bring in an unofficial copy to your advisor.) You will not be allowed to register if we do not have a copy of your transfer transcripts on file in the department office.
All advising appointments can be made on Spartan Connect. Please see advising allocations
(Please follow the link to Spartan Connect to make appointments. Also, here is a Spartan Connect Guide [PDF] that teaches you how to log in to Spartan Connect and how to create an advising appointment).
- BME students with Freshman and Sophomore academic standing will be advised by the ESSC (Engineering Student Success Center).
- BME students with Junior academic standing with last names Aa - Ca will be advised by Dr. Matthew Leineweber.
- BME students with Junior academic standing with last names Cc - Ho will be advised by Dr. Folarin Erogbogbo.
- BME students with Junior academic standing with last names Hp - No will be advised by Dr. Alessandro Bellofiore.
- BME students with Junior academic standing with last names Np - St will be advised by Dr. Yun Wang.
- BME students with Junior academic standing with last names Su - Zi will be advised by Dr. Melinda Simon.
- BME students with Senior academic standing will be advised by Dr. Patrick Jurney.
- BME Graduate students will be advised by Dr. Alessandro Bellofiore.
- If your advisor's office hours conflict with your schedule, please email them to schedule an appointment during their office hours.
Please remember to cancel your current appointment if you are not able to make it,
before creating a new appointment.
If you are not able to cancel your appointment or have difficulties scheduling an appointment on Spartan Connect, please contact Brandi Rubino.
Advising is done online, please click the link below to fill out your advising form:
Please have the following documents ready for your appointment:
- A copy of your Study Plan(see below) with classes completed and classes in which you are enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester clearly identified
- BME Spring 2022 Course Offerings [pdf]
- BME Prerequisites Flow Chart Fall 2019 [pdf]
4-year Study Plan Versions: