All BME undergraduate students must see their Academic Advisor every semester before registering. Advising periods begin a few weeks before registration. Information about Advising and about Departmental events is communicated through the departmental Google Groups. All BME students are encouraged to join the appropriate Google Group.
Undergraduates need to bring a copy of all transcripts from other colleges attended the first time they see an advisor. (Yes, even though you already had your transcripts mailed to the University, you still need to bring in an unofficial copy to your advisor.) You will not be allowed to register if we do not have a copy of your transfer transcripts on file in the department office.
All advising appointments can be made on Spartan Connect. Please see advising hours
Please remember to cancel your current appointment if you are not able to make it,
before creating a new appointment.
If you are not able to cancel your appointment or have difficulties scheduling an appointment on Spartan Connect, please contact Emilio Saavedra.
- BME students with Freshman and Sophomore academic standings will be advised by the ESSC department.
- BME students with Junior academic standings will be advised by Dr. Smita Duorah.
- BME students with Senior academic standing with last names starting from A - E will be advised by Dr. Matthew Leineweber.
- BME students with Senior academic standing with last names starting from F - L will be advised by Dr. Folarin Erogbogbo.
- BME students with Senior academic standing with last names starting from M - R will be advised by Dr. Alessandro Bellofiore.
- BME students with Senior academic standing with last names starting from S - Z will be advised by Dr. Patrick Jurney.
- If your advisor's office hours conflict with your schedule, please email them to schedule an appointment during their office hours.
Please bring with you:
- A copy of your Study Plan(see below) with classes completed and classes in which you are enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester clearly identified
- BME Spring 2021 Course Offerings [pdf]
- BME Advising Form Spring 2021 [DocuSign]
- BME Prerequisites Flow Chart Fall 2019 [pdf]
4-year Study Plan Versions: