SJSU Handshake for Members
Apply for jobs and internships targeted to SJSU students and alumni.
Access for SJSU Alumni and CSU Affiliates
Alumni who graduated within the last 12 months, click here to access SJSU Handshake.
Alumni who graduated more than 12 months ago, students on leave from SJSU, and Cal State-affiliated alumni must have a Career Center membership to access SJSU Handshake.
Explore your membership options and join today.
To log in:
- Go to sjsu.joinhandshake.com
- Click on sign in with your email address below the SJSU Sign On button
- Enter your email address and click next
- On this Hello! screen, click log in using your Handshake credentials
- Enter your password
- if your password is incorrect, it will take you back to step 3
- keep in mind, you will always log in with your email and password
To create or reset your password:
- Repeat above to get to step 4
- Click Forgot your password?
- Enter your email address and click Reset Password
- You should receive an email from Handshake with a link to reset your password
NOTE: SJSU IT Support is NOT responsible for Handshake login or password reset.
Tips for Success
Fill out your profile completely. Recruiters will be able to quickly screen your qualifications. Note: Work experience will be automatically placed in reverse chronological order.
Create efficient searches. Job postings are targeted to groups of related majors, so search for jobs under major groups that commonly fit in the career field in which you are interested. You can also select Match All Employer Preferences to narrow down positions for which you are most qualified.
Customize your News Feed for relevant opportunities. Follow specific companies by clicking Jobs on the top menu, then Employers. Select your search criteria, click your desired employer, and click Favorite Employer at the top.
The answers to the following questions are directed to Handshake's support page at support.joinhandshake.com.
- How do I save a search?
- The Resource Library
- What does it mean if my profile is public?
- How do I add (upload) a new document?
- How do I edit or delete a document?
- My major (or minor) is missing or incorrect
- How do I search for jobs?
- How do I apply for a job?
- How to follow a job
- How do I view the employers who will be at an upcoming career fair?
For additional information such as our SJSU Handshake disclaimer regarding fraudulent postings and employers' access to your public profile and documents (ex. resume), click here.