Promote your organization and career opportunities to students, and build your brand presence on campus by hosting an employer event. We invite you to view the list of event options and select the one that best aligns with your recruiting goals. If you have an event in mind that is not listed, please contact Lisa Trikofski, Assistant Director of Employer Engagement, at email@example.com to create a customized event.
To optimize student participation, employer events must be scheduled at least three weeks prior to the event date.
Employer event fee includes:
- A 60-90 minute, customized event
- Host to assist during the event
- Marketing and outreach to targeted students
If your company is new to recruiting at SJSU, employer events should not be your first and only on-campus event. Please contact an employer engagement specialist to discuss your on-campus recruiting strategy.
Schedule an Event
To schedule employer events related to job and/or internship opportunities for students, please complete and submit this online request form.
There is a $50 cancellation fee if notice is received within two weeks of the event date and no refunds will be issued.
Tips for Success
- Our students want to learn about specific available positions in your company, so be prepared to discuss opportunities and answer questions.
- Be sure the positions you are promoting are posted on SJSU Handshake prior to your session as this is where our students will go to look for positions.
- Share information that students CANNOT find on the internet. They are interested in learning about what it is like to work at your company, opportunities for growth, resume tips, and what to expect in the interview.
- Our students find video, multi-media presentations, and in-depth talks on the company history or product development least important and least interesting. Instead, plan to talk about opportunities and the experience of working at your company.
- Expect that our students will come prepared with a copy of their resume and want to talk with you directly and ask questions.
- Most importantly, send positive, interactive, and friendly reps to meet and greet our students.
San José State University Career Center's services are limited to organizations that follow the Employer Expectations.