Information Sessions and Tech Talks
Promote your organization and career opportunities to students, and build your brand presence on campus by hosting an employer event. Meet and network with prospective SJSU candidates in an intimate setting to share information about your company, culture, and industry.
Creative employer events that authentically reflect your organization will engage students. Share stories about a typical day at your organization with an alumni panel. Encourage students to dive into the latest work activities or technology with a mini team project. Conduct speed mentoring to help students understand how to be an effective intern or employee at your organization.
To optimize student participation, employer events are held Tuesday through Thursday and must be scheduled at least three weeks prior to the event date.
Room Type & Fee
- Virtual room (accommodating all interested students) - $150
- Standard room (accommodating 60 students) - $250
- Mid-sized room (accommodating 80-120 students) - $400
- Theater (accommodating 200 students) - $550
- A 60-90 minute, on-campus event
- Event and catering coordination customized to meet your needs
- On-site hosting
- Marketing and outreach to targeted students
- Audio visual equipment and wireless access
- Microphone for mid-sized room and theater only
If your company is new to recruiting at SJSU, employer events should not be your first and only on-campus event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your on-campus recruiting strategy.
Schedule an Event
To schedule employer events related to job and/or internship opportunities for students in STEM-related fields, please contact Patrick.Harris@sjsu.edu.
To schedule employer events related to job and/or internship opportunities for students NOT in STEM-related fields, please contact Ernesto.Martinez01@sjsu.edu.
There is a $50 cancellation fee if notice is received within two weeks of the event date and no refunds will be issued.
Tips for Event Success
- Our students want to learn about specific available positions in your company, so be prepared to discuss opportunities and answer questions.
- Be sure the positions you are promoting are posted on SJSU Handshake prior to your session as this is where our students will go to look for positions.
- Share information that students CANNOT find on the internet. They are interested in learning about what it is like to work at your company, opportunities for growth, resume tips, and what to expect in the interview.
- Our students find video, multi-media presentations, and in-depth talks on the company history or product development least important and least interesting. Instead, plan to talk about opportunities and the experience of working at your company.
- Expect that our students will come prepared with a copy of their resume and want to talk with you directly and ask questions.
- Most importantly, send positive, interactive, and friendly reps to meet and greet our students.
San José State University Career Center's services are limited to organizations that follow the Employer Expectations.