Employer Services and Expectations
The SJSU Career Center is committed to providing students and employers with services, programs, and opportunities that foster diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of the career development journey. We ask that our employer partners support this commitment to DE&I recruitment and talent development in the following ways:
- Posting positions on Handshake: Employers interested in recruiting SJSU students are encouraged to create a Handshake account and post opportunities (internships, jobs, fellowships, information sessions, events) so that all students have equitable awareness and access to opportunities.
- Paid Positions - The rate of pay is at least California State minimum wage as calculated over any time scale, such as hourly, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly or annually, and is clearly publicized in the position description. Please see the following section on "Unpaid Internships" for further guidance on internships.
- Salary Levels - If no salary level is provided, the nature of compensation must be stated clearly in the job description.
- Commission Only - If compensation for the position will be commission only, this condition is clearly publicized in the position description. If no initial base salary is provided, the form of remuneration should be clearly stated in the employer’s job description and at the time of the initial interviews.
- Accuracy and Transparency - The organization accurately describes the responsibilities and requirements of the opportunity in all publicity, including publicity for employer information sessions.
- Career Center Discretion - All jobs and internships are posted at the discretion of the Career Center. We reserve the right to decline a posting if it does not appear to support the best interests of students and/or the University.
- DE&I - Employers review our DE&I recruitment options and schedule a consultation with Lisa Trikofski to determine which career education, student organization, and recruitment events will best serve your needs and target audience.
Please forward questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.