Find guides, apps, and other resources to help you achieve your career goals. Career Success Resources [pdf] are organized by task and developmental. Log into apps with your SJSU ID and password.
Develop Your Career Plan
Your Roadmap to Career Success [pdf], with essential milestones for career readiness
Career Plan Checklist [pdf], a comprehensive career-success plan
Career Pathways [pdf] for industry information, jobs and internships, and your career counselor
Explore Your Options
Values Assessment [pdf], to consider how your values will influence your career direction
Skills Inventory [pdf], to select top skills that are most important in your career
- Assess your career readiness, interests, and personality.
- Discover majors and fields that fit your attributes and preferences.
- Plan your educational and career pathway.
- Focus2 User Guide and Video
- Exploring Your Focus2 Results [pdf] Guide
- Grow your professional network.
- Gain career advice and mentoring.
- Join industry-sponsored challenges.
- Gain tips on job- or internship-searching.
- Learn strategies for succeeding in a new internship or job.
- Build in-demand skills, such as digital office skills, coding, and project management.
Build Your Brand
- Upload your resume for instant and personalized feedback
- Compare your resume to industry benchmarks
Find a Job, Internship, or other Experience
- Apply for jobs, internships, and other experiences.
- Find career-education events to learn employer-connection strategies.
- Attend job fairs and info sessions to network with employers.
- Stay updated on opportunities by setting up notifications.
- Find job postings for the U.S. and abroad.
- Get information on work permit/visa regulations and H-1B employers.
- Explore country-specific resume, interview, and cultural advice.
- Join professional networking groups.
Prep for Interviews
Career Closet, for an appointment to secure a no-cost professional outfit
Big Interview App
- Practice virtual interviews with industry-specific questions.
- Learn about types of interviews, common questions, and effective responses.
Consider an Offer
Initial Career Success Outcomes, to compare recent graduate salary offers