Forage is a free, online resource where students can engage in virtual job simulations designed by leading companies. Develop skills and gain a real-world understanding of different roles and industries by working through self-paced modules that include tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship.
Forage's catalog of job simulations cover a wide array of industries including healthcare, design, social services, sciences, business, engineering, and more! New simulations are added regularly.
What does it involve?
- Work through a series of hypothetical tasks that are designed to simulate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or graduate at different companies
- Modules are completely free and take between 6 to 8 hours to complete
What are the benefits?
- Sample what work is like at leading companies
- Discover career paths that you may not have previously considered
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you 'work-ready'
- Earn certifications for completed simulations that you can share on a resume/CV or highlight on your LinkedIn profile*
- Have your information shared with recruiters for the companies for which you've completed simulations
*Please note that students may only include completed simulations under "Certifications" on their resumes/CVs and LinkedIn profiles. Students may not include completed simulations under "Experiences" or "Employment History".
To get started:
- Navigate to the SJSU Forage webpage.
- Click "Sign Up".
- Input the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (i.e. your SJSU email address)
- What best decribes you currently (i.e. "In University/College")
- Current University, College or Other Institution (i.e. "San Jose State University")
- University Student ID
- How did you hear about us?
- Click Register.
- Browse available simulations. Select one, and click "Register now" to begin.