Job Applicant Help
The FAQs and Tutorials on this page relate to Staff & Management Job Opportunities only.
Tips & Tricks
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application.
- Use the navigational buttons and hyperlinks on the application pages. Do not use the back or forward buttons in your browser, and allow time for the pages to load. Do not click buttons more than once as this may cause your session to end before you have finished submitting your application.
- Use the “Save for Later” button often, to avoid losing information by accident. This button may also be used to save and then complete your application at a later time.
- You may apply at any time of the day, 24 hours a day, except during scheduled maintenance. To view the maintenance schedule, go to System Status and look for the section titled "MySJSU (PeopleSoft) Weekly Maintenance".
- To guarantee consideration, submit your application by 11:59 p.m. before the "Application Screening begins" date -- listed in the job posting.
- Search for job postings using keywords, or by the timeframe it was posted by using the Basic Job Search tool. You can also utilize the Find command (Control + F) on your computer to search for specific words.
- Narrow your search by filtering career opportunities by type: Management or Staff
- Make sure attachments are in Word or PDF format. File names may not be longer than 20 characters in length and may only consist of the letters A to Z and the numbers 0 to 9. No special characters may be included in the file name. If you are unable to upload a file or have received an error message, check the file format and name for conformity.
- Keep your email address and phone number up to date so that you can be contacted for interview opportunities. You may view or change your contact information by going to My Career Tools, then My Profile.
- Confirm, and keep track of the jobs you have applied to using My Career Tools.
- Review your application carefully before submitting. Once it is submitted, you will be able to update attachments but not the body of the application.
- Do not apply to the same job twice. This causes confusion and does not increase your chances for consideration.
- Check back often for new job openings. The most recent career opportunities will appear at the top of the list, listed by date in ascending order.