Minor Application Process

Instructions for Declaring a CCS Minor

  1. Complete an official SJSU Addition/Change of Minor Form. There are two versions of the form: one for students with fewer than 90 units [pdf] and one for those with more than 90 units [pdf]
  2. Fill out the CCS Department Minor Form [pdf]. In “Courses to Satisfy the Minor,” indicate which courses you have completed, are in the process of completing, or those you plan to complete in order to satisfy the 18 units. Be sure to include the semester and year you took the class, the final grade and the course units.

If you are unsure of how to complete this section, please feel free to request an appointment with the Minor Advisor and bring your transcript(s) in order to fill in the appropriate information.

  1. Request an appointment with the Minor Advisor, Dr. Maria Luisa Alaniz, to set up a meeting to review and obtain his signature. Please print an unofficial copy of your transcript and bring it with you to the meeting. 
  2. If you are a graduating senior, the minor form must accompany your graduation packet.

Chicana and Chicano Studies, Minor Program