Forms and Procedures
Department Policies and Procedures
- CEE Policy on Enforcement of Prerequisites for Undergraduate Courses [PDF]
- CEE Department Policy for Adding Classes After Advanced Registration [PDF]
- College of Engineering Change of Major Policy
- Former Students Returning Policy
Request for Priority Status - Spring 2020
This form is to request priority status (not an add code) for CEE courses only. Priority status will only be approved under limited circumstances. The CEE department does not provide add codes until the start of the semester. For more information, please see the form and the CEE Policy for Adding Classes after Advanced Registration
*The deadline to request Priority Status is Jan 19th 2021.
*Students will be notified of the outcome of thier Priority Status request by Jan 25th 2021.
Applying for Graduation-Undergraduate
In order to apply for graduation, you must compile the Major Form Package based on your catalog year. Typically, the catalog under which you begin your studies (either at a California Community College or San Jose State University) is the catalog that will be followed. Alternatively, you may select the catalog corresponding to the year in which you transferred to SJSU or that is active in the year you apply for graduation. If you are uncertain which catalog to select, discuss your options with your department faculty advisor.
Please note that these packages are due to your major advisor 3 semesters (approximately 15 months) prior to your anticipated graduation date. For a spring semester graduation, packages are due in early February of the previous year. For a fall semester graduation, packages are due in early September of the previous year. Failing to submit your Major Form package on time can result in delayed graduation. It also may affect your ability to earn graduating senior status, which affects your priority in registration for classes.
- Course Equivalency Form [PDF] (College of Engineering Transfer Equivalency Form)
Applying for Graduation - Graduate
- Petition for Advancement to Graduate Candidacy [PDF]
- Request for Course Substitution in Master's Degree Program [PDF]
- Change of Classificationin Master's Program [PDF]
- Request for Validation of Transfer Credit [PDF]
- Application for Award of Master's Degree [PDF]
- Graduate Date Change Request for Award of Master's Degree [PDF]