Find answers to your questions about CFA membership.
Follow this link to the CFA Help Desk, and click on “Join CFA.”
Being a Member of CFA
We are a union of 24,000 professors, lecturers, librarians, counselors and coaches who teach in the California State University system.
- CFA is the exclusive collective bargaining representative for CSU faculty.
- CFA advocates affordable, accessible, quality education in the CSU.
- CFA protects the faculty's interests in the California legislature.
- CFA advances academic freedom and upholds faculty rights.
- CFA delivers financial protections for the faculty.
- CFA promotes faculty participation in the governance of CSU and in CFA.
- CFA promotes diversity and is affiliated with larger organizations to solidify CFA's power.
CFA members, as distinguished from fee payers, are eligible for an additional range of benefits as a result of their membership. These include
- Home Mortgage & Real Estate
- Attorney Services
- Credit Unions
- Financial Services
- Insurance (Auto, Home, Health, Life)
For more information, check the CFA Membership Benefits page. There is a binder of benefits in the CFA office, Business Tower, Room 454, (408) 924-6501. You may also contact the CFA Field Representative, Oscar Santillano, (916) 402-2818.