Campus Resources

Campus Wellness CenterHealth and Safety

San José State University cares about your physical and mental well-being. Don't hesitate to seek help from any of the following resources.

University Police Department

In an emergency, dial 911 or use one of the Blue Light phones located around campus. For non-emergencies, call 408-924-2222 or visit of the website of the Police Department

Student Health Center

Our new facility provides medical care to students enrolled at SJSU. Click on the link above to browse the center's website or dial 408-924-6122 for an appointment.

Counseling and Psychological Services

A variety of services -- including a 24-hour helpline -- are available on campus in the Student Health Center. For after-hours urgent consultations or assistance, please call the main number (408-924-5910) and press 4 to connect with the after-hours crisis service. For information on other services and to make an appointment, click the link above.

SJSU Cares

Assistance with other a variety of urgent needs -- including food and housing -- is available through SJSU Cares in the Division of Student Affairs.

Housing, Transportation and Finances

Numerous entities offer support to students trying to navigate the physical and economic challenges of life in the Bay Area: 




Life and Career

Career Center

International Student Advising (ISA)

Special assistance

Student Services

The Division of Student Affairs maintains an extensive list of departments and services dedicated to supporting student life and success.


SJSU participates in this external service that helps students build careers. 

  • Apply for jobs & internships targeted to SJSU students. 
  • Make appointments for help on career exploration, resume/cover letters, interview preparation, etc.
  • Join events to gain strategies for building your career.
  • Attend job fairs & info sessions to network with employers.
  • Stay updated with weekly newsletters.

Academic resources

Campus Offices

The Graduate Admissions & Program Evaluations (GAPE) office is available to answer questions about your student status, advancement to candidacy and graduation application.  

Research Support