Admissions to ChAD Programs
Undergraduate Major Programs
The Department of Child and Adolescent Development offers the following bachelor's degree programs.
- BA, Child and Adolescent Development
- Degree Track Options: Early Childhood Education Focus and Community Focus. Please meet with a major advisor to discuss degree track plan.
- BA, Child and Adolescent Development with a Preparation in Teaching
- Degree Track Option: CSET Waiver Track available for incoming freshman. More information regarding this is discussed at the Freshman Orientation.
Admission Requirements for the ChAD Undergraduate Programs depends on your current academic status.
Undergraduate Minor Programs
Admission to the ChAD Minor programs requires submission of the Change of Major/Minor Form to the Department Office for Child and Adolescent Development in Sweeney Hall 201. We offer two ChAD minors:
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Atypical Child Studies
We offer one Graduate Masters Program in Child and Adolescent Devlepment. To apply for admision to the program, students should complete the following steps:
- Students must complete BOTH the application to SJSU and the Department of Child and Adolescent Development at the same time
- For the SJSU application, please visit Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) for more application and deadline information.
- For the Department of Child and Adolescent Development application, complete the Department Requirements and Application Process.
- Application materials are due February 1. This is NOT a rolling admissions deadline. ***The application deadline has been extended to March 1, 2020 for Fall 2020 admission.