Advising Services Structure

As a College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) student, you will have at least two types of advisors. You will have a General Education (GE) advisor based out of the CHHS Student Success Center (SSC), along with a major advisor from your department or school who is an expert in their specific field. Major advisors are also called faculty or department advisors. Please see the table below for guidance on which type of advisor to meet with depending on your needs. Generally, frosh and sophomores should meet with a GE advisor, while juniors and seniors should meet with both a GE advisor and major advisor. Once you have determined what service you are looking for, you can make an appointment with the CHHS Student Success Center, or reach out to a major advisor

GE/CHHS SSC Advisors Major/Faculty/Department Advisors
  • GE Review
  • Semester Planning
  • Education Pathway Plans
  • Progress Report Discrepancies
  • International Experience
  • Petition/Form Questions
  • Academic Policies & Procedures
  • Health Professions Advising
  • Preparation for the Major Advising
  • Major Course Planning
  • Graduation Check-in
  • Major & Minor Forms
  • Substitution Forms
  • Adding/Changing a Major or Minor
  • Internship Guidance
  • Career Guidance
  • Grad School planning
  • Mentoring