Scholarships and Awards
Through the College of Health and Human Sciences the following Awards and Scholarships are available for students:
Since 1975, the San Jose State University Alumni Association has awarded scholarships to students who excel in their academic studies and actively participate in the betterment of their communities through volunteer work. These awards are funded through the generous contributions of alumni and friends of SJSU and represent one of the strongest individual scholarship programs offered by any alumni association in the California State University system. Two outstanding undergraduate or graduate students from each of SJSU's seven colleges are chosen by their deans to receive up to $4,000 annual scholarship.
The Faculty-Led Program and Summer School Abroad Programs area unique way to introduce students to the idea of the world as an educational resource while giving students who may have never considered it a possibility, the opportunity to study abroad. The College of Health and Human Sciences is committed to helping a broad range of SJSU students overcome the financial barriers to study abroad by offering the Dean's International Scholarship to qualified students in the college.
Please continue to check back regularly for updated information about the application process for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
- Applicants must be SJSU students in the College of Health and Human Sciences at the time of application.
- Applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application to be eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be accepted to an official SJSU Summer Faculty-Led Program administered by the Study Abroad and Away Office from the College of Professional and Global Education, OR a Summer School Abroad Program.
- Applicants must complete the application electronically on the Spartan Scholarship website by the deadline listed on the online application website for the scholarship.
- Students already receiving a scholarship specifically for attending a Faculty-Led Program are NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Each year, the Dean recognizes CHHS students/faculty/student organizations that have demonstrated excellence in promoting and fostering a deeper understanding of equity and diversity as they relate to issues of age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, and/or sexual orientation on the SJSU campus and the community. Each CHHS department/school is permitted three student nominations, one faculty nomination, and one student organization nomination.