by BCME Faculty and Students
(* indicates student author)
- Claire Komives (ChE) and Ruizhen Chen; Biocatalysis, Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, Gary Wnek and Gary Bowlin, eds., Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2004, pp. 72-78.
- Yasser Dessouky, David Steele, Emily Allen (MatE), Stacy Gleixner (MatE), Greg Young (ChE), and David Parent, "Educational Modules based on Semiconductor Manufacturing for Teaching Statistical Concepts"," Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering (2004)
- Kevin Mai*, Richard Chung (MatE), April Tai* and A. F. Diaz (Lecturer, ChE), "Nano-clays/Polymer Nanocomposite Thin Films," V International Symposium: Chemical Research in the Border Region, Institute Technology of Tijuana, Tijuana, B.C., Mexico, 111 (2004).
- Surgit Gill*, Richard Chung (MatE) and A.F. Diaz (Lecturer, ChE), "Nanocor I.30E Clay/Epon 862 Nanocomposite Films," V International Symposium: Chemical Research in the Border Region, Institute Technology of Tijuana, Tijuana, B.C., Mexico, 109 (2004).
- Stefanie Harvey (Lecturer, MatE), F. Le Pimpec, R.E. Kirby, F. Marcelja, K. Adamson, E.L. Garwin, "Surface Analysis of Oxygen Free Electrolytic Copper X-band Accelerating Structures and Possible Correlation to Radio Frequency Breakdown Events", JVST A 22 (4) 1326-1330 (2004).
- G.L. Young (ChE) and J. Sohal*, "Micro-roughening of Epoxy and Cyanate Ester Laminates as a Precursor to Electroless Plating," accepted for publication in Plating Surface and Finishing (2004).
- A. Tzanaveras*, G.L. Young (ChE) and S. Gleixner (MatE), "The Grain Size and Microstructure of Jet Electroplated Damascene Copper Films," accepted for publication in the Journal of Electrochemistry (2004).
- Claire Komives (ChE), Sabine Rech, and Melanie McNeil (ChE), Laboratory Experiment on Gene Subcloning for Chemical Engineering Students, Chemical Engineering Education. Summer 2004, pp. 212 - 221.
- W. L. Prater*, E. L. Allen (MatE) ,W. -Y. Lee, M. F. Toney, A. Kellock, J. S. Daniels, J. A. Hedstrom and T. Harrell, "Microstructural comparisons of ultra-thin Cu films deposited by ion-beam and dc-magnetron sputtering," accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Physics (2004).
- Trigwell, S.* and G. Selvaduray (MatE), "Effects of welding on the passive oxide film of electropolished 316L stainless steel," Journal of Materials Processing Technology (Accepted for publication) June 2004.
- Walter L. Prater*, Emily L. Allen (MatE), Wen-Y. Lee, Michael F. Toney, Jonathan Daniels and Jonathan A. Hedstrom, "Reduction of resistivity in Cu thin films by partial oxidation: microstructural mechanisms," Appl. Phys. Lett. 84, 13 (2004).
- Stacy Gleixner (MatE) and Hilary Lackritz (MatE), "Use of Collaborative Learning Exercises to Increase Student Motivation and Learning in an Introduction to Materials Engineering Course," ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, online session #3664 (June 2004).
- Steve Shannon (MatE), D. Hoffman, J-G Yang, A. Paterson, T. Panagopoulos, J. Holland, D. Buchberger, B. Mays, A. Fox, M. Chafin, and T. Detrick , "Improved Plasma Characterization and Chucking Force Control Using RF Measurement and Empirical Plasma Modeling"; Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Microelectronics and Interfaces; Santa Clara CA; March 2004.
- Art Diaz and R.M. Felix-Navarro, "A Semi-Quantitative Tribo-electric Series for Polymeric Materials: The Influence of Chemical Structure and Properties," Journal of Electrostatics, 62 (2004) 277.
- Komives, C., Rech, S., McNeil, M., Laboratory Experiment on Gene Subcloning for Chemical Engineering Students, Chemical Engineering Education, Summer 2004, pp. 212 - 221.