Curriculum Effective 2021-2022
All revisions or new curriculum is effective fall 2021 or as indicated. To review any curriculum pending approval, log onto Curriculog, the SJSU's curriculum management system, or contact the Curriculum Office.
For more detail, view the Course Proposal Log (links to syllabi included, when available) to see pending and approved proposals for new or modified courses, including General Education, and Service Learning.
- Animation & Illustration, BFA - degree elevation from concentration (Academic Plan Code: ANIBFA-1; students that will continue in the BFA Art, Animation/Illustration concentration will use the Academic Plan Code XAR14BFA1)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MS - degree elevation from concentration (Academic Plan Code:CMHCMS-3, students that will continue in the MS Psychology, Clinical Psychology concentration will use the Academic Plan Code XPSYLMS-3)
- Information Science and Data Analytics, BS - fully online degree completion program in special session effective fall 2021; regular session hybrid, where GE and electives are face to face and upper division major content is online, full degree effective fall 2022; pilot program: full proposal must be submitted in 5 years (Academic Plan Codes: ISDABS-1X for self support degree completion; ISDABS-1 for state-support full degree program)
- Special Education, MA - degree elevation from concentration (Academic Plan Code: SPEDMA-3, students that will continue in the MA Education, Special Education concentration will used Academic Plan Code XEDSEMA-3)
- Teaching, MA - degree elevation from concentration (TEACHMA-3). Students continuing in the current Education, Curriculum and Instruction with Multiple Subject Credential Concentration, MA program will use XEDELMA-3. EDELMA-3 and EDELMA-3T will not be inactivated because the code will be used for the Education, Curriculum and Instruction (LACES) Concentration, MA students.
- Advanced Standing Program, Social Work, MSW - The Advanced Standing Program will require that students to enroll in bridge courses prior to the Fall semester. The Fall semester will be the start of their final year. Students may enroll in the special session or regular session students in the final year of the existing MSW programs (Regular session: SWASMS-3, special session hybrid: SWASMSO3X).
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management Concentration, Business Administration, BS (BUSHBS-1)
Major Program Revisions
- General Engineering, BS to Interdisciplinary Engineering, BS (INTEBS-1; students who are continuing under the old name will use XENGRBS-1)
- Science Education, MA to Science Education, MS (NSCIMS-3; students who are continuing under the old degree type will use XNSCIMA-3)
Suspensions and Discontinuations
- Animation/Illustration Concentration, Art, BFA (discontinued; XAR14BFA1; replaced by elevated new degree)
- Curriculum and Instruction (with Multiple Subject Credential) Concentration, Education, MA (discontinued; XEDELMA-3; replaced by elevated new degree)
- Special Education Concentration, Education, MA (discontinued; XEDSEMA-3; replaced by elevated new degree)
- Electronic Materials and Devices Concentration, Engineering, MS (suspended)
- History Education Concentration, History, MA (suspended)
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management, BS (discontinued; XHSPBS-1; replaced by new concentration)
- Kinesiology, Concentration in Athletic Training (discontinued; XKINAMA-3)
- Computational Physics Concentration, Physics, MS (discontinued; XPHY1MS-3)
- Modern Optics, Concentration, Physics, MS (discontinued; XPHYOMS-3)
- Psychology, BS (suspended)
- Clinical Psychology Concentration, Psychology, MS (discontinued; XPSYLMS-3; replaced by elevated new degree)
- The Department of Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management will move to the the Lucas College and Graduate School of Business effective July 1, 2021. Pending final approval from the Provost.