Faculty Teaching Materials
Development of the Data Science for All Seminar Series is funded under NSF grant #1829622
with the goal of encouraging students from all backgrounds to explore the possibilities
of data science and Big Data early in their academic careers and hopefully pique their
interest in the topic through low-risk extra-curricular seminars.
All of the seminar materials are available for anyone to use under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
If you are a faculty member teaching at a four-year university or community college and you are interested in using the materials, please see the link below to request the teaching material bundles for any of the seminars.
In addition to the materials provided to students, and available from the seminar pages, the teaching bundles include:
- PowerPoint slides with teaching notes and suggestions
- Pre-seminar exercises, including additional learning materials and exercises
- Additional materials provided during the seminars
- Post-seminar exercises and study materials for the digital badge quiz
- The digital badge quizzes and answer keys
- Additional notes on teaching the seminars, timing, and setup
- Instructions on creating datasets (where applicable) or the data files used
- Exported materials in a Word format for all of the Canvas LMS pages and PDF instructions provided to students
- Canvas cartridge files that can be imported into a course shell in the Canvas LMS. The import cartridge contains all of the materials setup as modules and assignments.
There is no cost for the materials, but the form will request your school email address and the URL to the college website listing you as a current faculty member.
To request these materials, please email email@example.com and include your full name, the URL of your official faculty page (for authentication of instructor status), and the seminars for which you are requesting teaching resources.