Animation/Illustration Student Work
During their time in our program at SJSU, our students will receive guidance from our faculty members and develop skills that will help them create fantastic work to include in their portfolios. Below, you will find samples of the students’ animation and illustration projects completed in the program:
Foundation Course Samples
- ANI 10: Light & Optics [pdf]—In-depth study of optical physics as it relates to the visual arts. Linear and atmospheric perspective, rendering, drawing from imagination.
- ANI 21: Color Principles for Screen Arts [pdf]—Intensive study of color principles as they pertain to the entertainment industry and observational painting.
- ANI 31: 2D Animation I [pdf]—Demanding introduction to 2D animation fundamentals, requiring proficient drawing skills.
- ANI 50: Visual Principles [pdf]—2D design fundamentals, specifically as they pertain to illustrative imagery.
- ANI 41: Introduction to 3D Modeling [pdf]—3D digital modeling, using Maya.
- ANI 13: Drawing for Animation/Illustration I [pdf]—Fundamentals of constructive, volumetric, figure drawing.