There are a variety of resources available to assist with the creation of accessible course materials. These features support both the creation and review of course content. Two comprehensive resources are linked below.
- In less than an hour, the LinkedIn Learning Course Teaching Techniques: Making Accessible Learning provides an introduction on this topic.
- In less than 30 minutes you can finish the LinkedIn Learning course on Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office.
- Canvas General Accessibility Design Guidelines
- How do I use the Accessibility Checker in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I embed images with alt text from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I add captions to Canvas Studio media in a course?
- Canvas Course Evaulation Accessibility Checklist
- Youtube - How to add your own subtitles and closed captions
Resources are available for faculty on how to more effectively teach higher education students and improve student learning outcomes.