Qualtrics Quick Guide
I. Qualtrics Login
Login URL: https://sjsu.qualtrics.com
Username: SJSU 9-digit ID
Password: SJSUOne Password
II. Qualtrics Help
- Visit the Qualtrics Research Core Website to view simple help guides on how to create a survey.
- Review the Qualtrics Learning Resources for research studies, templates, case studies, webinars, and more.
III. Create a Survey
Create a survey in 2 ways, new blank project, from a copy, from a library, or
from a file.
- Create the folder on a side bar (optional) and select it to create the Project in the created folder.
- Click on the Create Project button a dialogue box will appear.
- Blank Survey project: Build a completely new survey.
- Fill in your Survey Name.. Click Create Project.
- Create from Existing: Create a survey based on an existing survey you’ve already created or From a Library, or From a File.
- From a Copy:
- Click on From a Copy button.
- Find the survey you are copying from in the drop-down menu.
- Create a new survey name and folder (optional). Click Create Project.
- From a Library: Create a survey from Qualtrics Library or yours and use its template as a starting
- Click the From a Library button.
- Select the library you would like to use.
- Select the source project, type in the project name (Survey name)
- Now, click on Create Project.
- From a File: Click on Choose a .QSF File, which will open a new dialogue box wherein you choose the survey file.
- Enter Project Name and then select Create Project.
IV. Create a Question
Questions can be created in two ways, create your own questions or import questions from your previous surveys or the Qualtrics library.
- Creating a new question from the Default Question Block.
- Click on your survey and click on +Create a New Question. An automatic multiple-choice question will appear.
- Use the options on the right-hand panel to edit your question. You can keep adding more questions by clicking the +Create a New Question.
- Copy a Question from a Survey or Library from the Default Question Block
- Click on the Import Questions From… and select the location you want to copy your question from.
- Select the category or survey you want to copy from. Click on the questions you would like to use, you will see it appear in the preview section.
- Click on the Import 1 Question button to select it.
V. Activating/Deactivating Your Survey
You will need to activate your survey in order to collect responses. By default, all surveys created are inactive.
- To Activate: Go to the Distributions tab, select the distribution type from web, email, social and mobile and then select the appropriate sub option from it.
- To Deactivate: Click Pause Response Collection at top left corner from the Distributions tab.
VI. View your Results
You may view individual anonymous responses of each person that took your survey or a survey report that will compile the results from everyone that took your survey.
- Viewing Individual Responses: Click on the Data & Analysis tab, you will automatically see information for your current survey. Click the dropdown arrow in the Actions column for that response and choose View Response.
- Viewing Reports: Click on the Reports tab, for a detailed report of the survey.